If you're at high risk
The NHS will contact you from Monday 23 March 2020 if you are at particularly high risk of getting seriously ill with coronavirus. You'll be given specific advice about what to do.
Do not contact your GP or healthcare team at this stage – wait to be contacted.
Who is at risk?
You may be at a particularly high risk of getting seriously ill with coronavirus if you:
- have had an organ transplant and are taking immunosuppressant medicine
- are having chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- have blood or bone marrow cancer, such as leukaemia
- have a severe chest condition, such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma
- have another serious health condition
- How coronavirus is spread
Because it's a new illness, we do not know exactly how coronavirus spreads from person to person.
Similar viruses are spread in cough droplets. It's very unlikely it can be spread through things like packages or food.
For more information please see the NHS advice (click below)